One of the less thought of consequences of the 2010 London riots may have been the loss of numbers of crates filled with what was to be the debut album of Hiss Golden Messenger - “Bad Debt.” The fires ended up destroying the entire first pressing of the record. The intimate collection of songs, recorded at a kitchen table on an analog tape deck, has now been re-released and has been making headlines ever since the street date.
The band had a proper release for the LP last Friday at Cat’s Cradle in Carrboro.
Check out the first installment of Hiss Golden Messenger’s set in the Lounge here.
9 Notes/ Hide
- con-template likes this
- tatterdemalionbananabread likes this
- the-writing-writer reblogged this from wknc
- the-writing-writer likes this
- thisbusteduniverse reblogged this from wknc and added:
- k0valch1k reblogged this from wknc and added:
- k0valch1k likes this
- orangesongbird likes this
- muttsammers likes this
- wknc posted this